Thursday, October 4, 2012

Death Racers

"It's not about the speed...it's about the blood!"
There are few things I find more entertaining than mockbusters and Insane Clown Posse. I mean, seriously, how do fucking magnets work?

When I heard about Death Racers, it felt like christmas, only a lot better, since I don't really care about christmas. Death Racers is an Asylum production featuring Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope of ICP fame (honestly, they're actually famous). This should logically be the best movie ever made.

The cover states that the movie is "uncut, uncensored, unbelievable". I concur with this statement. It's absolutely unbelievable how this movie can be so awful.

Insane Clown Posse has a strangely enormous following. They even have their own festival. Their festival even has infomercials!
Little known fact: one of my biggest dreams is to attend Gathering of the Juggalos (and survive the experience). I mean, they have dwarves. And guys on stilts.
Anyway, seeing as how this band obviously has more money than they can spend, it's interesting to see that this movie seems to have the lowest budget of any Asylum movie ever made, except for maybe Transmorphers.

The story is what you'd expect, it's some sort of dystopian future and people race and kill each other. Whatever.
ICP runs around and acts like idiots. That's pretty much what this movie is. All the actors are absolutely terrible, in a bad way, the effects are atrocious, the production is among the worst I have ever seen in any movie, and it's simply not funny in any way shape or form.

I don't really know what else there is to say about Death Racers. It's simply awful. Don't watch it. It will make you lose all respect for ICP (heh, see what I did there?).


Oh god. I watched ~5 seconds of the trailer to make sure it's for the right movie. I feel sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment